Before registering for the MIP Business Game, please read the terms and conditions below (hereinafter called the “Official Rules”). By completing the registration form, you accept the conditions of the Official Rules in their entirety. Furthermore, you accept that any decision of the MIP Business Game staff concerning the MIP Business Game shall be definitive.
2. The MIP Business Game
- The MIP Business Game (hereafter referred to as “MIPBG”) is a business game organized by Politecnico di Milano and MIP students and alumni.
- The purpose of the MIPBG is to familiarize students with the reality of the work that they will face in their professional life. Four different challenges are organized: a Strategy challenge, a Marketing challenge, a Supply Chain challenge and a Negotiation challenge. The MIPBG can change the title and content of any of those challenges at any point of time.
- The Business Game is based on an interactive economic simulation where the participants evolve within a defined competitive environment. The decisions made by the participants will affect their level of success.
- The Business Game progresses through the following steps:
- Online test and participant selection
- Strategy Challenge
- Supply Chain Challenge
- Marketing Challenge
- Negotiation Challenge
The order of the steps might be subject to changes.
- The evaluation process and criteria for the challenges will be determined by the MIPBG team and the corporate partners of the MIPBG.
- The Business Game will be held on 25th and 26th October 2019.
The final results will be announced at the game itself and on the MIPBG website, mipbusinessgame.com.
- Only individuals who are officially enrolled in a school or a university of higher education, and currently in their third year of Bachelor, first year of Master or last year of Master are eligible for participation at the MIPBG (hereafter, they will be referred to as “the Students”). Students writing their thesis or doing the equivalent in order to obtain their diploma can also be considered as students. All MBA, CMA (complementary master) or PhD students will not be accepted.
- Participation in the MIPBG is subject to online electronic acceptance of the Official Rules and of the documentation concerning the ownership of the intellectual property and image rights.
- A financial contribution for registration will be required from each participant. Such fee shall cover participation as well as food and beverages during the two days. Please note that there will be no refunds.
- By confirming participation every individual confirms having the physical and mental capacity to participate at the MIPBG. Any person under the influence of alcohol, drugs or specific medicine (impairing or severely limiting the ability to participate) must abstain from participating. The MIPBG reserves the right to exclude anyone from taking part in the event when in obvious doubt of somebody’s capability of doing so. Furthermore, a participant can be disqualified if his or her security or that of other participants and/or members of the Organizing Team cannot be guaranteed anymore.
- The Students must register in teams of two (hereafter referred to as “Teams”). Teams can change any of the details used during their registration, and this until the date of the event. In such an event, Students are expected to contact the MIPBG team at the email address email@example.com.
- The Teams must use the official registration form available on the official MIPBG website.
- It is imperative that every field be completed with valid answers. Incomplete registration forms will not be considered as eligible. The MIPBG team retains the right to retract and disqualify a candidate and his teammate if the information given in the abovementioned Registration Form is incorrect or invalid.
- At the time of Registration, the Teams will be requested to accept the Official Rules. Failure to do so will make submitting the Registration Form impossible. Acceptance of the Official Rules is done in the name of the Team.
- The two members of the Teams must provide a valid personal e-mail address.
- The MIP Business Game reserves the right to verify the validity of the information provided by the Teams at the time of the Registration, at any time during the MIPBG and if deemed necessary, to request copies of the identity cards and/or student cards of the school or university mentioned by the Team.
- Students can only be members of one Team. The presence of any Student in multiple teams will automatically result in the disqualification of every team in which s/he participated.
- If a team member decides to leave his/her Team, the Team will be disqualified. Only extreme cases (pregnancy, accidents, hospitalization, etc.) will be accepted, in which case the remaining participant will be asked to find a new teammate. The MIP Business Game reserves the right to define an extreme case.
- Students must register under the first name and surname appearing on their passport/identity card.
5. Use of the Results by the Human Resources Teams of Sponsors
The Human Resources Managers of the sponsors of the MIP Business Game may, at their full discretion, use the Results of their challenge.
6. Supplementary Provision
- At its sole discretion, the MIP Business Game may exclude or ban a Team from participating if the Team or one of its members does not comply with the Official Rules or acts in an unfair or disruptive way.
- The MIP Business Game forbids the Teams, at any stage of the Game, to communicate their strategy to each other or any specific information concerning the Teams’ decisions and in particular, all data contained in the Team’s data file are private and highly confidential.
- The Challenges and its associated documentation are subject to copyright. All adaptation, reproduction or re-use without the consent of the MIPBGMIP is considered a forgery punishable by law.
- The Teams shall have no recourse against the disqualification decisions.
- The MIP Business Game has the right to disqualify and sue any participant who might try to destroy, disturb, damage or affect the proper functioning of the MIPBG.
- By participating in the MIPBG, the Students shall have access to confidential information such as commercial, financial, scientific, industrial or marketing-related information, concerning the activities, operations and studies of the corporate partners, one or several of the companies in the corporate partners’ Group or one or several companies to which they are or were related or in which they are interested. The Students shall also have access to information concerning individuals belonging to the above-mentioned companies (henceforth referred to as “Information”).
- The Students shall take the necessary measures to keep the Information confidential, except for public information.
- The Students acknowledge that disclosing this Information could cause the corporate partners considerable damage, and that irresponsible treatment (or actions that are not in line with expectations) of this Information therefore makes them liable to judicial pursuit.
- The obligation to keep the Information confidential shall continue even after the end of the MIPBG.
- The MIP Business Game takes appropriate measures to prevent any unauthorized access to the Students’ personal data. The MIP Business Game reserves the right to share the Students’ information with its corporate partners, provided it is used in a professional manner.
- The MIP Business Game may share participants Curriculum Vitae with corporate partners
- According to the “Codice per la Protezione dei dati personali” (D.Lgs 196/2003), any Student can exercise his/her right of access to, amendment of, or suppression of his personal data.
Google Analytics / Cookies
- The MIPBG website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on the computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about the use of the website (including the IP address) will be transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the use of the MIPBG website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate any IP address with any other data held by Google.
- By using the MIPBG website, the user consents to the processing of user data by Google in the manner and for the purposes outlined above.
- All the times and dates published by the MIP Business Game are in local Italian time.
- In the event that the administration, the security or the proper functioning of the MIPBG is put to question, the MIP Business Game reserves the right to shorten, modify or cancel the MIPBG. In this event, the Team or one of its members will not be able to claim any loss against it.
- The MIPBG, its concept, its content, its appearance, its logo, any other graphic element and its organization are and shall remain the sole property of the MIP Business Game.
- The MIP Business Game is not responsible for the incorrect functioning of the site, for incorrect e-mail addresses related to the MIPBG or for connection problems.
- The Teams shall not be reimbursed for the fees, equipment or resources used during their participation in the MIPBG.