Participation Terms and General Conditions
MIP Business Game organizing team (hereafter referred to as “MIPBG”) is organizing the third edition of the business competition that will take place from 5th to 9th November 2021 in an online format. This agreement identifies the rules for participating in the Event and the usage of the website, accessible from https://mipbusinessgame.com. Please read the terms below before registering and applying to the Event. By registering to our website, the user accepts and subscribes to this Agreement in its entirety. This Agreement shall be considered as a binding legal agreement between the user and MIP Business Game.
- Eligibility. Only individuals who are officially enrolled in a school or a university of higher education, and currently in their third year of Bachelor, first year of Master or last year of Master are eligible for participation at the MIPBG (hereafter, they will be referred to as “the Students”). Students writing their thesis or doing the equivalent in order to obtain their diploma and MBA students can also be considered eligible to apply for the Event. All CMA (complementary master) or PhD students will not be accepted.
- Registration. To participate in the Event the student must compile the Registration Form on the website https://mipbusinessgame.com. The student must register under the first name and surname appearing on his passport/identity card and provide a valid personal email. It is possible to change any of the details used during the registration until the date of the Event. In this instance, the student is expected to contact MIPBG team at the email address email@example.com. It is imperative that every field in the Registration Form is completed with valid answers. MIP Business Game reserves the right to verify the validity of the information and to retract and disqualify a candidate if the information given in the above–mentioned Registration Form is incorrect or invalid.
- Contribution fee. A financial contribution will be required from each selected participant to attend the online Event. For the third edition, two fee alternatives will be applied throughout the application process. Specifically, all applicants who submit their application no later than June 27th, 2021, will have the opportunity to benefit from the “early bird” formula with a fee amount of 10€. In case a student applies after the above-mentioned date, the participation fee will be increased to 20€. It should be noted that price differentiation does not affect in any way the selection process and the choice of the 100 participants to the Event. It is hereby clarified that in case of waiver, there will be no refund granted.
- Online Event. The MIP Business Game is a business game organized by Politecnico di Milano and MIP – Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business students and alumni. The Event will take place exclusively online from 5th to 9th November 2021. The students will be grouped in teams and will have 3 days (from 5th to 7th November) to collaborate and create a solution to the cases presented by MIPBG partner companies. The online services provided by the MIP Business Game team for the correct development of the Event are offered exclusively to the participants that correctly registered to the Event through the Registration Form.
- Idea. The purpose of the MIPBG is to familiarize students with the business environment, by providing a simulated environment to get a sense of what students will face in their professional life. This results in the resolution of challenging business cases proposed by MIPBG partner companies. The Business Game is based on an interactive economic simulation where the participants evolve within a defined competitive environment. The decisions made by the participants will affect their level of success. Moreover, MIPBG aims at being a platform capable of connecting students with companies, giving them a chance to get in touch with the corporate world before completing the studies.
- Teams. Students will be grouped in teams of 5-6 participants. The teams will be formed by the MIP Business Game team, to guarantee a correct balance between teams. The team will be fixed throughout the Event to ensure the maximum level of commitment in a time–boxed and remote setting. At the Event kick-off, every participant will be assigned to a team. Teams will be created to maintain a maximum level of heterogeneity in terms of gender, academic background, and nationality. Indeed, one of the main pillars of MIPBG is to foster networking and create as many learning opportunities as possible to build a sustainable personal growth acceleration.
- Support during the Event. The MIPBG team will provide their support during the whole Event. Students can contact the team at any moment, through a chat that will be created as well as contact the organizing committee by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partners. MIPBG Event will take place thanks to the collaboration with partner companies. Partners will be announced on MIPBG website and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). The Human Resources Managers of the partners will be authorized to use the results of their challenge at their full discretion and to use the images of the Event for marketing purposes. Besides, they will have the right to request the presentation deck prepared by each team for their challenge. Finally, only and exclusively if the student has given consent, they will have access to participants’ CV for recruiting purposes.
- Winners. For every challenge, 1 winner team will be announced. The winner is announced by the managers of the partner company that has presented the challenge. The evaluation process and criteria for the challenges will be determined by the MIPBG team and the corporate partners jointly. The final results will be announced at the closing ceremony during the last day of the Event.
2. Representations and warranties
By compiling the Registration Form, as possible participant to the event, you guarantee that:
- You will respect other participants’ and organizers’ rights. This means that you will not send or publish material that may damage the MIPBG team, the partner corporates, the participants to the Event, or any other third party.
- You will not adapt, re-product, or re-use, without the consent of the MIPBG team, the material, and documentation provided during the Event. The challenges and their associated documentation are subject to copyright.
- You will keep the information given to you confidential. You may be given access to information concerning individuals belonging to the partner companies or information as commercial, financial, scientific, industrial or, marketing-related information, concerning the activities, operations, and studies of the corporate partners, one or several of the companies in the corporate partners’ Group or one or several companies to which they are or were related or in which they are interested. You will not treat irresponsibly the above–mentioned information neither during the Event nor after the end of the Event.
- You will not communicate the strategy or any specific information concerning the team groups’ decisions. All data contained in the team’s data file are private and highly confidential.
- You will not present content that is illegal or in conflict with the Code of Conduct.
- You will not send commercial or marketing solicitations.
- You will not send materials containing virus, malware, or other dangerous codes.
- You will not try, create or use any unauthorized access to our network, or any other platform or storage system used during the Event. Participation in the MIPBG is subject to online electronic acceptance of the Official Rules and of the documentation concerning the ownership of the intellectual property and image rights.
- You will not participate in the Event under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or specific medicine (impairing or severely limiting the ability to participate).
Privacy. You confirm to have read our policy on privacy, available on https://www.mipbusinessgame.com/privacy-policy, and by subscribing to this Agreement you accept the terms of the above–mentioned policy.
Service terms and used platforms. The MIPBG online Event is organized using third–party platforms. Every platform will provide its services according to its terms and conditions. MIPBG team is not responsible for their performance. We invite you to read the terms and conditions of each platform before its usage.
3. Intellectual Property
- Platform and Event property. The user recognizes that all the rights on the platform on which the Event is organized included any material associated with it or any documentation provided in accordance with this Agreement, pertain exclusively to MIPBG.
- Image usage. By participating in the Event, you accept to share your image and you authorize the MIPBG Team and MIPBG partners, to document through short movies and photos the development of the Event. The rights related to the documentation of the Event pertain to MIPBG. The images and videos can be transmitted, visualized, reproduced, modified, distributed by MIPBG or MIPBG partners for promotional purposes of the Event or related activities, for an unlimited amount of time. The participant has the right to require the removal of his own image by writing to email@example.com
Through the participation in the Event the user accepts to indemnify MIPBG from any suffered danger or danger provided to any third party during the participation to the Event. The responsibility is in the hands of the participant in case of malice, gross negligence, or violation of the public policy.
The violation of any of the conditions defined in this Agreement form will lead to the automatic disqualification of the participant and his removal from the Event. The team working with the disqualified person shall have no recourse against the disqualification decisions.
The MIP Business Game has the right to disqualify and sue any participant who might try to destroy, disturb, damage, or affect the proper functioning of the MIPBG.
6. General information
- Entry into force. The Agreement will be implemented at the moment of the registration to the Registration Form to participate in the Event
- Dates and times. All the times and dates published by the MIP Business Game are in local Italian time
- Modifications or deletion of the Event. In case the administration, the security, or the proper functioning of the MIPBG is put into question, the MIP Business Game reserves the right to shorten, modify or cancel the MIPBG. In this instance, the Team or one of its members will not be able to claim any loss against it.
- MIPBG content. The MIPBG, its concept, its content, its appearance, its logo, any other graphic element, and its organization are and shall remain the sole property of the MIP Business Game.
- Incorrect performance. The MIP Business Game is not responsible for the incorrect functioning of the website, for incorrect e-mail addresses related to the MIPBG, or for connection problems.
- Applicable law. The only law applicable to the present general conditions and arising obligations is the law of the Italian Republic
- Controversy. Any dispute related to the General Conditions, related to its execution or interpretation, including its efficacy and validity, will be solved in the Court of Bologna.